Monday, July 11, 2011

i have always loved veggies, there are numerous "all about me" posters from elementary school would list my favorite food as spinach. 
that is, except one.
beets. 
man, did i hate beets.

now in my house, the only beets ever consumed were in cans. and the only time i ever had one was because my father made me eat one before i could spend the night at a friends house. 
and that rancid mushy blood tasting bite has haunted me since.

until last year. i went though this crazy anemic phase where i craved nothing but beet juice and raw tuna. 
together.
and since i hate the texture of raw meat this not a fun time.
so i decided to take the plunge and buy beets. 
have i ever been wrong about a vegetable. dear god beets are delicious
and in the summer its all about cold beets with goat cheese and a little balsamic for a dinner salad. i have made this salad at least 4 times in the past 2 weeks and if things go to plan. i will also be making it tonight as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment