Thursday, May 19, 2011

SALT!



I am sitting on a salt mine. A newly formed collection of salt that I am only mildly ashamed at how much money has been dropped acquiring them.  The first batch was an impule buy two weeks ago, when the boyfriend took me to zupan's. I had threatened to spend all my money on oils, but I think this was an excellent compromise.  I got himalayan pink, smoked sea salt, cyprus flake salt, alaea hawaiian salt and sel gris grey sea salt.

with downright glee I have been using them as finishing salts on just about everything, I don't have any recipes that showcase them yet, but expect some soon.

Today with some downtime I finally got in to the tea and spice exchange on broadway. Their collection of teas is dismal and they only have 4 kinds of peppercorns (yes, i am no longer impressed by just pink, white, green and black peppercorns).

But their little collections of salts are amazing. Smoked coconut lime, chardonnay infused and cocoa salt just to name a few. I ended up leaving with ghost pepper salt, indian black salt and black lava salt.
I was dismayed to learn they were out of the olive salt, but I was tipped off that there is a place over on mississippi called the meadow, that carry over 50 kinds of salt. this could be trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment